About The Role
The Chief Financial Officer will be responsible for overseeing the financial operations of the company and making decisions to ensure the company’s financial stability. The duties will include monitoring cash flow, financial planning, forecasting, cost-benefit analysis, and liaising with the CEO to discuss best practices and coming up with strategic plans to protect and improve the company’s overall financial health. He will also be responsible for overseeing the MIS department to ensure proper integration of the company’s ERP system in addition to building a dashboard with key metrics to monitor on a regular basis.
- Provide leadership as the company's top financial expert on the executive management team.
- Help with the strategy to scale and achieve the company’s Goals
- Come up with fast and effective decisions, and develop robust financial models to secure the financial health of a business.
- Assist in formulating the company's future direction and supporting strategic initiatives
- Monitor and direct the implementation of strategic business plans
- Develop financial and tax strategies
- Manage the capital request and budgeting processes
- Develop matrices that monitor business performance
- Execute product and operation strategies to hit the right KPIs
- Manage the accounting, investor relations, MIS, tax, and treasury departments
- Ensuring regulatory compliance
- Guide implementation and institutionalization of enterprise resource planning (ERP) system
- Executing the company’s financial strategy
- Developing plans for growth to increase company profit while also reducing expenditure
- Identifying investment opportunities
- Managing accounting procedures
- Oversee the issuance, management, and flow of financial information
- Personally review and approve all regulatory filings and correspondence
- Oversee the audit process
- Monitor cash balances and cash forecasts
- Arrange for debt and equity financing and spearhead all capital raising endeavors of the company
- Prepare presentations to the board and to investors
- Prepare and lead the budgeting process
- Prepare internal and external monthly reports
Desired Experience and Skills
- An MBA with a first degree in Finance/Accounting
- The candidate should have equivalent business experience and 6+ years of progressively responsible experience for a major company or division of a large corporation.
- Must have worked for at least 3years at one of the Big 4
- Must have scaled a business (preferably QSR or B2C company)
- Should have experience in partnering with an executive team, and have a high level of written and oral communication skills.
- Must be IFRS compliant and be savvy on related and contemporary finance issues/topics.
- Experience in international markets will be an added advantage
We are looking for a very agile individual with entrepreneurial flair and drive, who has an objective and is tactful, assertive, persistent, and a good negotiator. The ideal candidate will have supreme leadership qualities, be able to lead multiple teams and be able fit into a young and dynamic culture.