Industry / Specialization
Years of Experience
About the Role,
We are seeking an experienced leader to help us build out our Data Product Infrastructure team through a mixture of public and private partnerships. The Data Access Lead will be responsible for identifying, researching, negotiating and supporting the product team in integrating local identity repositories and other databases and data points (financial, social, gig, etc.)
● Support and drive the execution & delivery of the regional data strategy and roadmap.
● Prioritize database acquisition and implementation in accordance with the regional strategy roadmap.
● Ensure qualitative and quantitative growth of data points in the region according to clients' needs.
● Research and develop a deep understanding of databases in the region.
● Manage the entire partnership process and relationship for the region, from sourcing partners to negotiating contracts.
● Coordinate database acquisition and implementation with key stakeholders in the team including product, legal, sales, etc.
● Organize database trials, support implementation with the product and sales team.
● Coordination of product compliance, administration, and provider standards with the legal team.
● Provide guidance on the development of government relations for database and policy targets.
● Be the expert for all database-related questions in the region and the POC for providers.
Skills & Experience
● 5-7 years of qualitative and quantitative analytical experience in identifying, negotiating, and closing product partnerships.
● On the field operational experience local to Africa.
● Experience working with governments and/or policymakers.
● Worked with different stakeholders: comfortable with technical terms and legal terms.
● Additional languages a plus: French or Portuguese or Arabic or Swahili.