Average Percent of Time
- 10 % ·Plan and direct the functions of administration and planning of the Business’s Accounting Department to meet the daily needs of the operation.
- 10 % Prepare the monthly financial statements “MFS” in accordance with international hospitality industry standards according to generally accepted accounting principles, Company policy where appropriate and to comply with local Laws and Regulations.
- The MFS (Monthly Financial Statements) are to be prepared to accurately reflect all transactions which have occurred during the period being reported upon. They are to contain all the necessary accruals and adjustments to reflect the transactions as they have occurred. The FM is not allowed to adjust accruals or prepare other adjusting journal entries for the specific purpose of altering actual financial results in order to comply with budget or forecast results. Such misrepresentation is a violation of Corporate policy and as such is subject to reprimand or termination.
- Prepare periodic internal and external reports required by the General Manager and Managing Director and/or Company Officers, the annual budget, and any other financial reports that may be required.
- 10% Maintain adequate systems of internal control to effectively safeguard the assets of the Company and to assure that all transactions are properly reflected in the books and records of the hotel.
- 5 % Clearly describe, assign and delegate responsibility and authority for the operation of the various Hospitality Accounting sub-departments, such as Accounts Receivable & Payable, General Cashiering, Income Audit, Payroll and Cost Control, Night Audit, Chief Cashier, Outlet Cashiers, Retail, Computer Systems, Stores and Receiving, Credit and Purchasing, etc.
- 5 % Execute the provisions of any management agreement or operating lease agreement.
- 5 % Continuously evaluate the performance and encourage the improvement of the personnel in the Accounting Department. Plan and administer a training and development program within the Accounting Department which will provide well-trained employees at all levels and permit advancement for those persons qualified and interested in career development. Prepare position descriptions; conduct regularly scheduled employee meetings, etc.
- 5 % Coordinate with the Company's legal department on the negotiation, execution and delivery of operating contracts and agreements for the Company.
- 5 % Timely preparation, filing, and payment of all government taxes, as appropriate.
- 10 % During the course of business, remain in contact with, assist and cooperate with various individuals including but not limited to the following: Company Executives, various hotel’s Management and employees, internal auditors, external auditors, risk management advisers, government offices such as tax, revenue, etc., and vendors.
- 5 % · Develop, implement and monitor schedules for the operation of all Accounting Sub- Departments to achieve the budgeted goals.
- 10 % · Implement effective control of all costs food, beverage, labor, supplies, equipment, etc., among all Hotel Sub-Departments. Ensure proper use, maintenance, repair, and storage of Accounting supplies, equipment, and facilities. Ensure proper stock levels are maintained.
- 5 % Assist all Managers in establishing and achieving predetermined profit objectives and desired standards of quality, service, safety, cleanliness, merchandising, and promotion.
- 5 % Regularly review and evaluate the degree of customer acceptance of the individual outlets, to recommend to management new operating and marketing policies whenever declining or constant sales imply dissatisfaction by the guests, a material change in the make-up or the guest market, or a change in the competitive environment. Revise existing programs and create new ones in order to maintain Corporate’s position as the leader in accounting operations
- 10% Develop with the aid of the various Managers, the operating tools necessary and incidental to modern management principles, e.g. budgeting, forecasting, purchase specifications, recipes, portion specifications, menu abstracts, food production control, report preparation, and presentation, etc.
- Actively participates as a member of the Corporate Executive Committee “EXCO”.
- All financial, statistical and other information generated at the Hospitality Business is confidential and as such, is not to be disclosed without the prior written approval of the appropriate Company Executives. Caution must also be exercised in the disclosure of financial information to members of the Hospitality Business staff. Such disclosure must be done on a “need to know” basis with the prior concurrence of the Managing Director.
- Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by Corporate from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the business.
- Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with Corporate rules and regulations for the safe and efficient operation of hotel facilities. Employees who violate Corporate rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
In addition to the performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the requirements.
· Operate various computer software programs.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Considerable skill in complex mathematical calculations without error. Ability to apply
concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact, and diplomacy to defuse anger, collect accurate information and resolve conflicts