- Ensuring the team are executing all tasks in line with the organization’s processes including weekly, monthly and quarterly processes, and client requirements.
- Supporting the team on the delivery of Paid Search strategy and execution where necessary.
- Monitoring our project management systems and managing the team to ensure the delivery of all client deliverables within deadline.
- Managing workload within the team to ensure effective use of team resources in order to deliver client work.
- Working closely with the Head of Search to execute all strategic initiatives for the Search Team.
- Working with the organization’s management team to execute company-wide strategic initiatives (where relevant).
- Delivering on strategic projects where relevant.
- Liaising with other departments to resolve workload issues where they arise.
- Quality checking all relevant work (tests, optimisations, initiatives, tactical plans and KPIs set).
- Training and supporting the team, to ensure high quality of all deliverables.
- Attending meetings to support specialists where relevant.
- Troubleshooting issues to ensure excellent quality is maintained and performance goals are met.
- Overseeing all Paid Search activity across the team, including testing and optimisation, ensuring best practices are met and performance goals are hit.
- Holding Expert knowledge of the Paid Search space
- Implementation of systems, processes and automation for use within the team.
- Monitoring compliance and the use of processes within the team.
- Working on the improvement of existing processes within the company.
- Developing a knowledge base with the documentation for team processes and client-facing materials.
- Effectively planning ahead to ensure appropriate resourcing as necessary.
- Managing the employees within the Search Team
- Coaching and developing the specialists into industry-leading Search Specialists that achieve exceptional growth results for Ladder clients.
- Recruiting, onboarding and developing their team in line with headcount targets.
- Working with freelancers and managing freelancers without sacrificing the quality and efficiency of the team.
- Overseeing the execution of the Search aspect of sales audits where necessary in order to secure new business.
- Effectively managing resourcing for the team.
- Overseeing that new clients are onboarded as effectively as possible.
- Professional knowledge within Paid Ads channels including but not limited to the following: Google Ads (incl. GDN, Google Shopping, UAC, YouTube), Bing Ads, Yandex Ads, Taboola, Outbrain, Criteo, AdRoll, Amazon, Apple Search, Ads, BuySellAds, Carbon Ads, Yahoo Gemini and Quora.
- Exceptional knowledge of the SEM Paid Ads Channels and its role within digital marketing strategy.
DIGITAL AND CREATIVE STRATEGY:
- General understanding of funnel analytics/funnel marketing.
- General understanding of industry, competitor research and analysis (quantitative), creative development (aligned with the Creative Department) and customer persona development (using creative angles from the Creative Team).
- General understanding of other channels within the digital marketing landscape and how they work alongside Paid Search.
- Ability to audit accounts and set up tracking, including communicating with developers where necessary.
- Very good knowledge of analytical tools such as Google Analytics, AppsFlyer, Firebase.
- Knowledge of Google Data Studio including how to build reporting dashboards.
- Comfortable with Data Storytelling/reporting and analysis.
- Ability to manage multiple search projects and ensure delivery to deadline across the Search Team.
- Excellent communication, time management, delegation and expectation setting skills.
- Ability to build team management reporting.
- Ability to train and coach the members of their team into industry-leading specialists, and engage and inspire them to deliver the best possible results.
- Ability to build effective personal development plans for each specialist under management.
- Ability to manage the P&L within their team, including managing resourcing requirements and hiring industry-leading talent.
- Ability to manage freelancers without sacrificing the quality and efficiency of the team.
High Emotional IQ - ability to deliver tough feedback in a constructive manner.
Team player - propensity to make decisions that are for the good of the group - we’re in it together!
Owning it - whether it’s something you're really proud of or something you’d rather forget (we all make mistakes). We want to be a place where we win together, lose together - and that starts with each of us taking responsibility for delivering the best we can.