25TH AND STAFFING LIMITED
ACCOUNTANT job vacancy in Lagos | 25th and staffing
Industry / Specialization
Consulting - Finance, Accounting & Audit
Years of Experience
From: 25-Feb-2021 To: 25-Mar-2021
The Senior Accountant will be responsible for the efficient and effective financial management of the firm, as well as the development and maintenance of the necessary systems to safeguard the assets and financial operations of the firm.
Responsibilities includes but not limited to:
- Assisting in the formulation of the policies to be adopted by the company in financial and terms
- Making recommendations concerning financial policies
- Assisting in carrying out the financial policies of the firm and ensuring that financial policies, procedures and other compliance requirements are adhered to
- Ensuring that proper accounts and records of the firm’s assets, liabilities, operations, and transactions are maintained and that statutory objectives in this regard are discharged
- To see that all books of account, registers, records etc. are maintained in accordance with relevant accounting standards, accounting manual, policies and instructions
- Managing risks that could affect the firm’s assets and making sure such risks are minimized
- Keeping under review, the structure of the firm’s financial information and accounting systems and ensuring that they are developed and maintained as viable and efficient systems meeting the needs of the firm
- Controlling income and expenditure of the firm, ensuring that all revenues due to the firm are collected by monitoring receivables and payments due by the firm to other entities such as vendors, sub-consultants, government agencies, employees
- Preparing Annual budget for the firm and advising management on matters of the controls of costs and achievement of budget plans by the provision of regular or ad-hoc information
- Ensuring that costs are controlled and kept within budget limit by developing an effective system of budgetary control
- Ensuring that management, in general, and his/her own area of responsibility in particular, operate in accordance with the approved budgets
- Ensuring the preparation, presentation and interpretation of financial statements, periodic management accounts and cost statements
- Assisting in the development of computerization strategies and furthering the development of computer-based financial accounting and financial information systems
- Ensuring that the accounting software is only accessed by authorized staff and that assigned responsibilities on the software and the right/privileges to perform such responsibilities are maintained at all times
- Defining the responsibilities of all staff under his/her control and ensuring that they are adequately discharged; 16. Ensuring that the financial/accounting system runs properly in order to process financial information and generate accurate reports
- Ensuring that internal and external financial reports are prepared and disseminated within deadlines
- Ensuring responsible stewardship and safe custody of cash and other assets of the firm
- Ensuring that training and skills development of financial staff is carried out
- Leading, directing, appraising, and supervising the other finance staff.
- To reply promptly and fully to all financial and other queries raised by management, giving the particulars or information required
- To ensure that all payments and disbursements of the firm’s money are in accordance with the current budget and that expenses are kept under control
- To carry out other duties assigned by management
- A first degree in Accounting or Finance from a reputable institution. ICAN or ACCA is a pre-requisite.
- Masters degree in Business Administration would be an added advantage
- Have knowledge of QuickBooks, Peachtree and Sage software
- 5-10 years of post-qualification experience, preferably in a similar position.
- Demonstrate a high level of oral communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to manage the flow of people and business, liaise and consult with internal and external stakeholders regarding sensitive and confidential matters, and maintain effective working relationships in a high volume environment.
- Demonstrate a high level of confidentiality, tact, discretion, initiative and sound judgment
- Excellent organizational skills including the ability to determine priorities, meet regular deadlines and take/follow up action
- Demonstrated ability to contribute in a professional and collaborative way to a team
- Willingness to work long hours, under time and budget pressure
- High ethical standards and proven integrity
- Strong analytical, problem-solving skills and strategic thinking
- Articulate, with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Good interpersonal skills and organizational skills
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite, including but not limited to Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.