The Senior Procurement Associate will use planning expertise and negotiation skills to develop relationships with suppliers in support of the Procurement team, inventory, and cost objectives. The Senior Procurement Associate provides leadership, guidance, and motivation to their team members.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develops sourcing strategies in line with the needs of customers to achieve company sales targets.
- Monitors suppliers to ensure on-time deliveries, consistent product quality, and pricing.
- Liaise with manufacturers to understand production schedules and limit company medication stock-outs.
- Conduct industry deep-dive analysis to provide proactive insight into sourcing strategies 1-2 years prior.
- Develops and negotiates long term relationships with strategic suppliers, including supplier managed inventory objectives.
- Acquires and effectively communicates market knowledge for materials and cost drivers in which suppliers participate in.
- Manages Supplier risk by ensuring continuity business plans are in place for the potential unpreventable interruption to the supply chain.
- Accountable for spearheading the achievement of agreed-upon financial and value optimization targets within procurement.
- Monitors all sourcing projects and reports on the status of savings.
- Ensures staff maximizing inventory levels and cash flow.
- Reviews slow moving/obsolete inventory and identifies changes to process to minimize the risk of obsolescence to the business.
- Strong background in establishing and delivering annual cost standards.
- Ensures all Suppliers have received and agreed to comply with our Ethical Sourcing policies.
- Ensures assigned service suppliers are meeting agreed-upon service requirements as per contract.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy from an accredited university.
- Business Management, Supply Chain, Finance, or related field experience.
- Full working knowledge of supply chain systems with implementation experience. Full knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Medication and or Consumer-packaged goods strategic sourcing experience is advantageous.
- Experience in setting standards, budgets, and research to ensure an uninterruptible supply chain supporting manufacturing or related fields.
- Experience with global sourcing of products preferably medication and consumables.
- Must have outstanding leadership, verbal and written communication skills.