We are looking for a reliable Food technologist & packaging specialist to ensure that all external and internal requirements are met before the product reaches customers. The ideal candidate is a reliable and competent professional with solid experience in quality control whose approval will be necessary for the continuation of a business life cycle.
Also, be responsible for generating & inspecting procedures, verifying quality of raw input as well optimization of product quality during processing, identifying QA/QC issues and resolving and be responsible for preparing alternate recipes for the firms' products, implementing them and ultimately packaging finished products.
- The goal is to assure the high quality of our operations and services
- Maintain quality standards and recommend improvement for all stages of processing
- Keep records of quality reports, statistical reviews and relevant documentation.
- Investigate complaints to determine causes and consult with appropriate production personnel to correct deficiencies.
- Ensure compliance to standards of all incoming and outgoing materials, ingredients and packaged products.
- Assist in the development of new products and or line extenders as required.
- Ensure that all food safety standard is maintained.
- Conduct process and factory audits.
- Ensure compliance with all NAFDAC, legal and government regulations.
- Ensure all labels, nutritional information, and manufacturing data are correct
- B.Sc, BTECH, HND in Food Science Technology, Biochemistry, Industrial Chemistry, or any science-related course.
- 3 - 5 years proven experience as a quality assurance manager at an FMCG
- Sound knowledge of food safety and food quality assurance techniques and standards
- Thorough knowledge of NAFDAC food processing requirements and standards
- Excellent numerical skills and understanding of data analysis/statistical methods
- Good knowledge of MS Office and databases
- Experience with the packaging of branded products
- Experience developing, testing and optimizing simple seasoning recipes
- Experience handling and using laboratory equipment Excellent organizational, communication and leadership skills
- Detailed and results-oriented