25TH AND STAFFING LIMITED
LOGISTICS COORDINATOR job vacancy in Africa | 25th and staffing
LOGISTICS COORDINATOR (Africa)
Industry / Specialization
Engineering & Technical - Logistics
Years of Experience
From: 5-May-2020 To: 19-May-2020
The Logistics Coordinator is to oversee and coordinate the efforts of the different regional procurement officers and ensure logistic efforts are in line with Operational requirements. They will also serve as primary Logistics point of contact logistical issues and supply chain management.
- Liaise and collaborate with regional procurement officers and relevant managers in order to ensure that our logistic requirements are met; including regional acquisition, distribution, internal allocation, delivery, and final disposal of resources.
- Develop and maintain positive business relationships with suppliers and sub-contractors to take advantage of sales opportunities and minimize overall costs.
- Monitor and coordinate supply chain operations to include inventory control, consolidated price listings across all our project sites, and distribution timelines
- Manage the movement of goods (both into Africa and between countries) in order to maximize value and minimize costs.
- Develop and implement Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for the Logistics Department
- Provide timely logistical related reports to the Management and associated staff on a routine basis.
- Train, mentor, and supervise subordinate staff in the performance of their duties
- Maintain oversight and track all logistical movements and commitments as well as maintain consolidated logistical expense reports for all sites.
- Coordinate with Regional Procurement Offices and Finance to ensure the proper invoicing and reconciliations of all payments made to suppliers
- Perform all other related tasks as may be assigned by Management
Knowledge and Experience
- Degree/Diploma Holder in Logistics or Supply Chain Management
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Proactive and able to work independently in a highly entrepreneurial and multi-cultural environment
- Proven ability to coordinate logistical activities across multiple projects sites; coordinating logistical movements between multiple countries advantageous.
- Strong leadership and team-building capabilities
- Professional proficiency in English; both written and verbal. Business level French is advantageous.
- Previous experience of working in West or Central Africa preferred