25TH AND STAFFING LIMITED
FINANCE OFFICER job vacancy in Africa | 25th and staffing
FINANCE OFFICER (Africa)
Industry / Specialization
Engineering & Technical - Finance, Accounting & Audit
Years of Experience
From: 5-May-2020 To: 19-May-2020
- Assist the Finance Manager and Project / Regional Business Development Manager to support the accounting and financial tasks of the program.
- Administer the day-to-day financial requirements of the assigned project which includes assisting in the invoicing cycle, program costs tracking, operational expenses, office expenses, payroll, cash counts, cash management, etc.
- Assist in providing accurate financial data and other reports to Managers as required.
- Maintain good Accounts Receivable Management by increasing the collection rate and reducing the number of days of receivable turnover.
- Assist with the tracking of inventory and with the updating of the inventory list.
- Maintain an updated listing of Fixed Assets that the Company owns on site.
- Maintain good Costs Management by enforcing the company policies and procedures that govern spending and monitoring of budget against actual costs.
- Monitor Payables owed by the Company ensuring the list is updated and provided with accurate due dates and payment status according to creditor’s term.
- Maintain good record management from creation, classification, and retention based on Company policy.
- Record and reconcile advances, expenditures, and liabilities.
- Preparing applicable local payroll and taxes.
- Ensure proper documentation of all costs and expenses incurred in the course of running a project.
- Management and reporting for various aspects of administration and finance, including local staff contracts, casual labor contracts, service contracts, preferred and/or sole source supplier contracts, Cash For Work (CFW) Payments, etc.
- Assist in monitoring the cash flows of the projects and the office.
- Maintain proper receipts for all transactions and preparation of monthly financial reports for the
- Finance Manager and Singapore Finance Team to compile and consolidate the data for monthly financial reporting and invoicing.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with local authorities, contractors, businesses, landlords, and service providers.
- Ensure compliance with all regulations, code of conduct and Security aspects of the Company (and Donor Agency / Client where applicable)
Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accountancy or related discipline essential
- A minimum of 3 years of professional experience in finance, auditing or accounting positions
- Strong commercial awareness and possess excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience working with the Aviation Industry is advantageous
- Excellent inter-personal and English writing communication skills
- Possess a strong service orientation
- Ability to work with minimum supervision in a multi-cultural environment
- Good command of the English language (reading, writing, and speaking) is essential
- Extensive knowledge of MS Excel spreadsheets and MS Word is a must.
- Strong Journal and General Ledger skills.
- Thorough knowledge of online Quick books
- Able to work under pressure and to strict deadlines
- Able and willing to work a six-day workweek if required
Travel within Nigeria and other African countries to different project sites will be required.